Was inspired by this post that reflected so many of my own values so I Mahasti-fied it a bit.
1) All exclusively breastfeeding babies are welcome in class as often as is necessary. Tuesday and Thursday 10AM classes are a great option if you don’t have daytime child care but want to shimmy! I bring my own little one to class during those hours so this class is discounted to $5 cash drop in fee.
2) For older children and babies, I understand that unexpected interruptions in childcare happen. While this is not meant to be a long-term childcare solution, you may occasionally bring a child to the studio to cover gaps in care. Your class cards are also valid for 3 months so if you prefer to stay home you still have time to make up the class later in the session. We currently offer at least 6 drop in classes a week (often more) so you have a minimum of 72 chances to use your class card.
3) I ask that all students work with me to create a welcoming atmosphere that is respectful of all forms of diversity, including diversity in parenting status.
4) If your child needs special attention during class and is disrupting learning for other dancers, please step away into the next room until their need has been met.
5) Let me know how I can support you in another way if you have any ideas!